Ramadhan

.
Yayy Ramadhan has finally knocked on our doors beckoning us to start multiplying our prayers and amalan . On the very first night of Ramadhan, I went to the surau with my family and unfortunately, we came in a little too late so we had to pray outside in the hot night air. Our surau is becoming too small to accommodate the growing numbers of residents. Like seriously, I tell you, the place I live at just keeps increasing with people. One day you see a new family just moved in and the very next day, you see a new bungalow being built. Don't get me wrong, I live on the older side of the residency, known as the pioneer side, where all the old terrace houses are at. While the newer side are where all the loaded and rich businessmen live with modern houses that just keeps increasing every year. Alhamdulillah a new grander and convenient mosque is under construction at our residency so I’m definitely looking forward to that. On the first day of fasting, I went  back to my hometown in Klang. My mum really wanted to eat kuih sampan so I graced my royal self to the kitchen and helped with making the mould using banana leaves. It took sheer concentration to get the right shape with my aunt scrutinizing judging eyes and giving instructions next to me, man it was  hard. I’m not blessed with cooking hands or whatever you call it. I’d always end up with burned food or salty sweets. For the whole week, I engulfed myself in homework, preparations and revision for the achievenement test next week, finishing all the books that I bought from the Big Bad Wolf fair. Nothing can honestly make me happier than spending a good time at home with my family.  Remember when I told you about the Anugerah Berita Harian last week, well on Wednesday, my interview featured on the BH Skor paper. Not that I was expecting it, I’m not much of a center seeker. I hate being under the limelight. But well, a girl can be proud of herself if she happens to feature on nationwide newspaper maybe not the front cover but there were about three pictures of me on 3 different pages but I also felt embarrassed, praying that none of my friends happen to read the newspaper. But honestly though I look hideous in the paper. I mean, in what , almost hundreds of photos they took of us , that very unfortunate picture of mine had to be the featured one. Hahahaha but all in all, this week has been a relaxing and rejuvenating week for me as I spent most my time well, you guess it, SLEEP and pray and reciting the Quran of course. Alas, every good thing must come to an end. I just can’t wait for the Raya holidays! Yayy!

Comments

Popular Posts