Life as it is

To say that this week was a stagnant week would be an understatement. So many things have happened in this very week, grandeur things that will forever be etched in my memory. Can I just point out that I have an unfortunate  short-term memory. My friends would tell me things and I’d forget the in the span of  a few seconds.  Like a goldfish. Anyway, that was irrelevantly random and out of topic. Like all the other previous weeks, our days are filled with strenuous classes, quizzes and tests that just never stop coming our way, Well I guess that's the downside of being a MJHEP student. Negative much. On Tuesday, we were given back the dreaded Kakunin test results and all praise to Allah my results improved by 6 ranks but there are still so many vast rooms for improvements if I want to be among the top 10. Later on that day, I had to miss some classes as I was invited to the Anugerah Pelajar Cemerlang  Berita Harian to receive the oh so prestigious award under the SPM category. Not to sound vain, I didn't feel anything when I received the award. I guess it’s probably a repetition of my PMR days when I also received the same award for the first time. Not to mention the all week long malfunctioning electricity as if it was playing peek a boo with us. We were silently praying for cancelled classes but yeah, like that would ever happen so we still had to sit for tests and quizzes in the sweat inducing ,makeup melting, extremely hot room. Dramatic to the extreme.  The fans and lights would turn off and on, at first it gave me goosebumps and the constant scare when the electricity would turn off suddenly as the classrooms dimmed into dark , almost dingy room but later on it started to get on everyone’s nerves . I feel that I’ve adapted myself quite well here what with the homesickness slowly going away as I reveled in the fun life that is being an MJHEP student with its  many colourful twists and turns. I definitely can’t wait for the holidays rounding the corner next week ; fasting with my family, going googly eyed over the many tasty dishes at the bazaar Ramadhan, buying all the delicious food until my two hands can’t handle the heavy plastics, ending up only eating a quarter of what I bought, complaining how bloated my stomach feels and ends up feeling uncomfortable during the tarawih prayers. Yep , I can already see how my life would go about next week that is the first week of the fasting month. 

Comments

Popular Posts